Continuing Education Programs - Matectomy
with Cheryl Chapman, RN, HNC, NCTMB
2 days, 9:30am to 6:00pm, 16 credits, $325.00
for all dates visit the Listing of Courses by Subject
Cheryl is one of the most popular cancer massage educators in the USA!
Whether breast surgery is life-saving or cosmetic, massage therapy is beneficial to the client and enhances the healing process.
This course will cover:
- An understanding of the physiological, social and emotional aspects of breast cancer and breast surgeries.
- Review of the anatomy, physiology and lymphatic system of the breast.
- Learn to recognize lymphedema and work safely with the condition.
- Gain knowledge of the various breast surgeries: augmentation, explanation, reduction and implants
- Learn appropriate and effective massage techniques and hands on practice.
- Positioning, body mechanics and draping for chair, side-lying and table.
- Skills needed to teach clients self-care techniques, including massage, R.O.M., exercise and stretching.
- Survey of broad range of resources available to client and therapist.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a beginner’s class. You may take this class if you like but it is strongly recommended that you have taken a Cancer Training Program as a pre-requisite. If you take this class Cheryl will assume that you understand all the cancer massage basics including chemotherapy side effects.
Be forewarned, she will not be going over basics.
Great class! Learned so much. — Katherine Meechan, LMT
One of the most informative, real life hands-on class I have ever taken. — Susan Manolio, LMT
Cheryl’s work on breast health is amazing. It is a gift to be able to study with Cheryl. — Jean Uber Pinyan, LMT